Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bourbon Street Debauchery

After unloading our loot from the parades we decided to venture out in search of something a bit more depraved. Bourbon Street here we come. :)

At this point we've both had enough time and alcohol that we are finally starting to loosen up. Q suggests a strip club and although I'm hesitant I still think it will be pretty cool. I've never been before and I'm curious. Ok, let's do it. After all, Mardi Gras is Carnival which can be loosely translated to mean "farewell to the flesh". First stop: Little Darlings. My mouth hung open for a full 10 minutes before Q politely reminded me to close it. There was a mattress on stage! Thankfully we stayed only long enough to realize this place was skeazy and we were back out on the streets. Next up: Larry Flynt's Hustler Club. Holy eye-opening. The girls are naked, everywhere! We grab a seat at the bar and order a couple drinks. This place isn't half as bad as the first. The girls are very pretty and the things they're able to do on that pole! Wow! After a bit we move down to one of the seats by the center stage and Q asks me to place the dollars in the girls' g-strings. NO!!!! I'm laughing but my face was bright red! One more drink, though, and I'm considering it. I do finally grow a pair and interact with a girl and it's quite fun! Now I'm on the prowl for the best girl in the place. We spend about an hour total and decide to move on. We can always come back later. ;)

Back out on the street the party is amping up. People are hanging from the balconies tossing beads and I'm loving every minute of this. I hear music spilling out from an open door and all I want to do is dance. Grabbing Q's hand I throw my hair back and let the music take me.
I don't know what we looked like or how long we danced for but when I look up everyone is watching and cheering us on and a girl from one of the balconies is beckoning me up to her. I shrug my shoulders, wink at Q and off we go.
Another drink from the bar before we step out onto the balcony and the air feels alive with energy; like anything is possible. We introduce ourselves as a couple from Miami and spend a few minutes laughing and making small talk with our new friends. The guys let me throw a few beads down and I feel like I did a pretty good job of ring-around-the-drunk-bitch. Lol. My ADD is kicking in though and I'm bored. Flitting off into the night I stop to dance at a piano inside before stumbling back out onto the main street.

Q has caught the bug now, too and we slip into Club Lafitte in Exile. More drinks and some amazing dancing; we're really connecting now and we've both let go of our inhibitions. Poor Q, though. He has to use the restroom and this is the first time he's noticed I brought him to a gay bar. Hahahaha!

You get the main idea, right? Lots of alcohol, lots of dancing, lots of fun. By the time we stop to look at a watch it's because the sun is coming up and the streets are starting to empty. We finally tumble back into our room around 6am and there is no question about using both of the two beds in our room. Well, maybe a little question because while I slip into a white-eyelet tank and shorts complete with ribbons and bows... Q sleeps next to me in his jeans and t-shirt.


Smh

From The Balcony

Such A Classy Establishment

No comments:

Post a Comment